One of my favorite oils in the Premium Starter Kit is Peppermint. There are quite a few uses for peppermint – in fact while the husband and I were driving along the Oregon coast for our family vacation I made sure to bring some along with me. I have a tendency to get really car sick and was worried about driving so much on our trip. I mixed up some peppermint with some coconut oil and kept it close at hand. One day we were on a particularly curvey road and I was getting pretty sick. I rubbed my concoction on my belly and with in minutes my nauseous went away. For the win.
A Few More Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil
6. Poison Ivy/Oak
7. Nausea or Morning Sickness
And then one of my favorite uses:
11. Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 3/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extra
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2-3 drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil (get yours here!)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into an 8×8 cake pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Let set in the pan for 2-3 hours (or in the fridge) or eat them gooey straight from the pan!
If you are Paleo eaters like my family then you will love these. If you are not paleo eaters then I’m sure you could just add 2-3 drops of young living peppermint essential oil to your favorite brownie recipe and it would turn out great!
DISCLOSURE: The information on this site is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. You can read my full disclosure here.