There is something so wonderful about the smell of lemon. It’s refreshing, invigorating, and just plain yummy. Plus it’s another great oil in the Premium Starter Kit! Lemon is great for all sorts of things my two favorites is cooking and lemon water. But there are even more things you can do with Lemon Essential Oil! Take a look at this list to name a few.
10 Uses for Lemon E
1. Clean Up Stick Messes – As a mother my life is full of sticky messes. Using 1-2 drops of lemon to remove reside from crayons, oil, grease, etc is like magic.
2. Natural Air Freshener – Seriously you guys, that smell is wonderful. I love to put some lemon and purification together in a spray bottle willed with water to use as an all natural air freshener.
3. Varicose Veins – Rubbing several drops of lemon essential oil on varicose veins helps improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
4. Detox Lemon Water – Every morning I love to put 1-2 drops in a class of water. This helps detox the liver, balance pH levels, and helps with heartburn and constipation.
5. Skin Callouses – As a crossfitter this one is huge. Put one drop on any corn, callous, wart or bunion 3 times a day and what the magic happen.
6. Produce Wash – Does anyone else worry about what is on your produce?! Using lemon actually helps increase the shelf life of your fresh produce as well as clean it! 2-3 drops in some cool water and stir in your fruit or veggies.
7. Sterilize Counters – Rather then using toxic filled chemicals use 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil to water, shake and spray on the counter tops to help sterilize.
8. Brain Power – Diffusing lemon or drinking it in water is known to help wake up neurons and increase brain function during studying and testing (or just on a regular day if you are like me and need the extra help).
9. Hand Sanitizer – Rub a drop of lemon on your hands after using a public restroom or after a trip to the box to disinfect and kill germs
10. Homemade Lemonade! – The below Paleo recipe was delicious! Try it out!
Paleo Homemade Lemonade
- 2 Quarts of water
- Juice of 2-3 Lemons (depending on how sour you like it)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 6-7 Drops of Young Living Essential Oil
- Pour two cups of water into a pan, combine honey and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add in your lemon juice.
- Pour into a pitcher (better for it to be glass or metal as Lemon Essential Oil can be very abrasive to plastics).
- Add in the rest of your cold water to taste (again depending on how strong you like your lemonade you may want to add a bit more or less water)
- Stir in the drops of lemon essential oil.
- Add ice and let chill!
- Enjoy! Yum!
What is your favorite use of Lemon Essential Oil!?
This post is part of a link carnival with Fight Back Friday.
DISCLOSURE: The information on this site is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. You can read my full disclosure here.